Bigger Cup Sizes…really?
In short, here’s how it goes:
Problem: The golf industry has lost about 5 million golfers in the past decade. According to recent statistics from the National Golf Foundation.
Solution: Let’s make it easier for golfers in order to get back old advocates and attract new comers to the sport; let´s make the hole from 4.5” to 15” holes.
When I first heard this, I thought it was an April Fools Day prank so I said “Yeah right and make the Par 3 holes Par 5 ”.
Well, turns out this is more a serious consideration than a prank.Continue reading
It’s great to be enthusiastic about playing golf and know the basic rules on the game in order to play. But there’s another important aspect of the game, which has to do with the decency of knowing the rules of fair play, respect for other golfers, the golf course rules and your conduct in a golf environment. And that is called Golf Etiquette.
If you know and practice the following basic rules, you’ll be considered as a “gentleman of the green carpets” … ok I just made that title up, there’s no such thing. But seriously, please take a few moments to read the following rules and you’ll surely be playing as a true gentleman golfer, worthy of playing in any course.
Top 20 Basic Rules of Golf Etiquette
1. Wear proper attire where required
Many golf courses require you to wear proper golf attire in order to be admitted. And though regularly nobody will tell you anything (unless you’re playing in your underwear), just pay respect to the course and the game in general by wearing proper clothing. And that clothing is:
- Collared Shirt, frequently a polo shirt (no t-shirts or tang tops)
- Golf shoes with soft spikes (no tennis shoes, boots or sandals)
- Slacks, casual shorts or golf skirts (No jeans, dresses, or swimming wear)
Discount Tee Times – 5 Quick Tips to Play More and Pay Less.
Looking for Discount Tee Times is one great way to play more golf and pay less.
And the following are 5 quick tips that every golf beginner, well… in fact any golfer who wants to save money for that matter should know.
Read on and you’ll find out how.
1) Online Tee Time Reservation
Booking your tee times online is the 21st century way to go. I mean 15 years back you had only 2 ways to book for golf tee times, and those where either …
- Visiting golf courses expecting to have available tee times.
- Booking by phone. And even this one could be a hassle because sometimes took a while to first make the call; wait for the staff to answer; asking for your details and desired date and time and look on their schedule. And if they had no available spots, then you made another call to another course and another 5 to 10 min. wait on the phone.